Are you buying property?
"Alex was exceptional in organising and arranging everything required for my recent purchase. He was very patient and explained everything I needed to know. Very professional and kept me updated throughout the process." - Rima Banham
What does a conveyancer do when I buy property?
We will review your contract of sale before you buy. It’s important to have an experienced conveyancer to check contracts before you commit. At North Star Conveyancing Group we look for special conditions that may not be to your benefit, provide advice and guidance as required, and check for contract abnormalities.
We also review Section 32 Vendor Statements, ensuring that you are aware of any restrictions or encumbrances that relate to the property.
When you’re ready to buy a property, we’ll take care of the following for you:
- Review the contract of sale and Section 32 Vendor Statement
- Review the title and related documents, including advising you on any restrictions or encumbrances
- Undertake all searches and apply for all required certificates
- Advise of you of stamp duty payable
- Prepare all transfer documents
- Calculate the adjustment of any rates, outgoings and land tax
- Liaise with you and your lender to ensure funds are available for the purchase
- Arrange and attend settlement
- Arrange for the lodgement and stamping of title documents for registration (if required)
- Notify relevant authorities of the change of ownership (e.g. council, water provider)