“North Star Conveyancing Group kept me updated during the entire process, prepared the sale contracts quickly, was able to be contacted after hours if required and the settlement ran smoothly.” - Theodora Papas
What does a conveyancer do when I sell property?
We understand that selling property can be a stressful experience. We can create a contract for the sale of your property.
We will also prepare a Section 32 Vendors Statement. The Sale of Land Act requires a vendor (seller) of real estate to provide this document, which contains certain disclosures about the property. It is a legal requirement that before an offer can be legally accepted a Section 32 Vendors Statement must be provided to any prospective purchaser.
Once a buyer has been found we will arrange for the discharge of mortgage, facilitate early release of the deposit to you, check and prepare all financial adjustments, arrange and attend settlement on your behalf, and liaise with all the relevant parties to ensure the transaction runs smoothly.
When you’re ready to sell your property, we’ll take care of the following processes for you:
- Discuss and carefully draft the section 32 Vendor Statement and contract of sale. We will also draft any required special conditions
- Arrange for the discharge of your mortgage through your lender
- If possible, secure the early release of the deposit for you
- Receive and check all transfer of land documentation
- Make sure all adjustments for rates and charges have been calculated correctly
- Arrange settlement by liaising with all relevant parties
- Attend settlement on your behalf
- Arrange for payment of the proceeds of sale as per your directions
- Prepare documentation and notify relevant authorities of the change of ownership
- Provide you with statement of settlement figures